Friday, July 10, 2009

Blog Prompt #4

Hello everyone!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I am exhausted; between house hunting, teaching, taking a class, and private tutoring, I have decided I need a vacation! Now, to afford that vacation....hmm.
: )

Okay, so this is a 2 part prompt, ( I love to make you think!) and I think you guys will enjoy responding to this prompt....

PART I:
In chapter 5, Greg finds one man, Jean Hoerni, to help fund his mission of building schools in Pakistan. After 580 letters, just one person steps up to bat for Mortenson. Sometimes all we need is just one person to believe in us. In five sentences or more, tell me about one person who has helped you out during a difficult time in your life. Who is this person? What did they do for you? Why did they help you? Did this person change you in an unexpected way?


PART II:
Using what you have learned about context clues, (sometimes a word will have its definition in the text; sometimes there will be an opposite word or a synonym; sometimes there will be an example of the word) turn to page 68, and read the third paragraph that starts with the sentence, "Two blocks before the intimidating minaret..." and ends with the sentence, "No. Only for me. I am unclean."

In the paragraph there is this word "ablutions." Using context clues, can you define in your own words what "ablutions" means?

Do NOT use a dictionary!! We will be able to tell if you have cut and pasted or used a dictionary definition. This exercise is to help you use the context clues we taught you in class.


Happy Blogging!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very ecited to read the responses to tis post.... some telling thoughts will emerge I'm sure! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete